My MS Run
We’re calling seasoned race runners and first time joggers alike to challenge yourself to run 100k (or as far as you can!) before 30 September. Along the way we’re asking you to raise as much as you can for the MS Society. Raise £50 or more and we’ll send you an MS Society running top to wear with pride as you count down the miles.
How to take part in My MS Run
- Sign up by setting up your JustGiving fundraising page
- Choose how far you want to run. You can choose to complete your run in one go or over a period of time, it’s up to you!
- Ask your friends and family to sponsor your challenge
- Complete your run. Log it on a fitness app like Strava and send us a picture of your achievement
- Pat yourself on the back! You've raised vital funds to help us be there for everyone with MS.
Everything you need to know
What is My MS Run?
We’re challenging everyone to run 100k by 30 September 2020. You can track your miles using any device that can do this accurately. Strava is great for this as it tracks and analyses every aspect of your activity and can be connected to your JustGiving Page.
Why should I support the MS Society?
Over 130,000 people in the UK have MS. It’s unpredictable, and different for everyone. It’s often painful, exhausting and can cause problems with how we walk, move, see, think and feel. But it doesn’t have to be this way. We’re driving research into more – and better – treatments. For everyone. Together, we are strong enough to stop MS.
How do I sign up?
It’s simple, all you need to do is set up a JustGiving fundraising page. We'll get automatically notified that you've taken on the challenge. After that all you need to do is complete 100k or 100 miles of cycling and fundraise as much as you can.
Is there a fundraising target?
We don’t have a set target, or a minimum sponsorship requirement, but £100 is a great place to start. It's only with the generosity of our supporters that we can continue to be there for the MS community.
Everyone who raises £50 or more on their JustGiving fundraising page will receive an MS Society branded running top.
How do I fundraise?
Please set up a JustGiving page to fundraise. All income on this will be transferred to us directly. Throughout your journey we'll provide you with fundraising tips to help support you. We ask that any final fundraising is sent into us by 31 October 2020.
Can I take part as a team?
Yes! You take it on as a family challenge and each complete 100k or 100 miles, or split the distance between you all. You can also reach out to others to get involved. Make it a challenge for everyone!
Whatever option you choose, make sure you keep safe by following government guidelines concerning COVID-19.
How can I log my distance?
JustGiving have integrated with Strava so you can now automatically share your fitness tracking, training pics, maps and miles onto your fundraising page. Find out about connecting Strava to your fundraising page on the JustGiving website.
Be an MS Superstar
By taking part in My MS Run you’ll join our MS Superstars team and get:
- a welcome pack including a fundraising guide to help you get started
- personal support from our dedicated events team every step of the way
- access to our running hub with tailored training plans to suit all abilities, plus vlogs on everything from injury to nutrition
- access to a private Facebook event page where you can chat to other MS Superstars.